Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 4 - Late Nights

I know that technically, since it is after midnight, it is already tomorrow.  BUT, my husband and I recently decided that tomorrow actually happens once you go to sleep and then wake up.  That doesn't clear up the "I stayed up all night and now it should be tomorrow, but maybe it's still today" problem, but who's really keeping track? The point is, even though it is late, I am still going to be disciplined and write in my thankfulness journal.

Today, I am thankful for late nights.  I am one of those people who needs at LEAST eight hours of sleep every night, preferably with a consistent bedtime and arise time.  I do even better with ten!  My reality looks more like five or six hours, with an erratic bedtime that is usually after midnight and a wake up time ranging from 4:30AM to 2:30PM.  I survive on random naps taken out of desperation (mostly my husband's desperation, that is).

But today, I am thankful for late nights.  Most of my best people connecting seems to happen after 10PM.  Tonight, I spent almost three hours online with a new friend from Canada named Paulette.  She is wonderful, and I am so blessed by her.

Lots of nights, the older kids and Tom and I just sit in the kitchen until all hours, reviewing all the stuff that went on that day and talking about how life works and how to love better.  In fact, I would have to say that late nights contain some of my most treasured memories.

And besides, how does that saying go?  We can sleep when were dead!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment