Saturday, March 12, 2011

10-Watercolors

I am reading a book written by Dr. Brene Brown called The Gifts of Imperfection.  It is an amazing and challenging work, one which I will read and reread many times.  In one of the last chapters, she covers the concept of creativity, and how important it is to our well-being.

You'd have to read the book to get the full effect, and I strongly recommend that you do, but the main point as it pertains to this blog entry is this: everyone is creative, so make time to be!

Today, I sat down with three of my kids and a new set of watercolors.  We painted whatever we wanted to, without worrying about winning any contests or fulfilling any obligations.  It was thoroughly enjoyable, and I plan to do it regularly.

So today, I am thankful for watercolors!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment